Trivial Pursuit is a challenging board game with various categories which test your general knowledge and teach you some interesting facts which you may not have been aware of. Playing a game and learning at the same time is a bonus.
1. What is the University of KwaZulu-Natal library web address? Answer
2. Which App allows you to access the library resources without using your data? Answer
3. Who are the library staff who provide training on the use of electronic resources? Answer
4.Which resources assist with subject-related queries? Answer
5. Which LibGuide contains step-by-step guides to assist with research and information searches? Answer
6. Where are online copies of theses/dissertations accessible? Answer
7. Name the electronic resources where articles are located? Answer
8. When you are not on campus, how would you access the electronic resources? Answer
9. What are the library services during lockdown? Answer
10. Where would you find links to the free electronic resources? Answer
What was your score out of 10 for the library trivia? How well do you know your library and its resources? These 10 questions and many others can be answered by contacting the library staff and making use of the resources at your disposal. Knowing what resources are available and how to use them is the foundation for research from undergraduate to postgraduate level.
A random fact about a library …
Did you know that bats can be a library’s best friend?
“The Joanina Library at the University of Coimbra in Portugal has a number of bats in residency, but no one is calling for an exterminator as the bats prey on insects that could damage book pages. Staff drape tables with coverings overnight and clean up the guano in the morning.”